The Computing Technology Industry Association, or CompTIA as we know it, is one not-profit trade association that exists in the IT industry. It is continuously updating the world about the changing trends in the IT industry. Alongside, the association runs for a cause that is going to educate the humongous people who are a part of this IT world. The company has launched several certification courses, which are going to allow get an insight into the topic of specialization people opt for.
For instance, Security+ is yet another certification course, which has been launched by CompTIA and is going to be the exam that we cover in this article. The course, when taken before the 1st of January, 2011, is considered to be good-for-life; however, if taken after that date – the certificate holds good for three years. This course is going to be a launch pad or an introduction to the cybersecurity industry. It’s going to introduce the candidates to how they can manage risks and secure the network they intend to work on.
The times that we live in, nearly all the companies are in search for professionals that are going to make up for a team of members who are going to take charge of cybersecurity of the materials that the firm is going to exchange or upload online. The certification course is going to open several doors for you when it comes to career choices. Even the militaries are increasingly becoming dependent on Artificial Intelligence, which increases the scope of cybersecurity in all realms.
The tips given before each exam are pretty much the same. The problem that most test takers are likely to face is that they are going to be under the pressure in the heat of the moment and this tends to get the best of their potential, what leads them to a bad score despite having enough knowledge to ace the exam easily. The scope of the certification is going to be limited to the syllabus that has been given to you. Thus, there is no point in feeling blue due to the fear of the examination.
Broadly speaking, with respect to the ways that you can resort to in order to prepare for the Security+exam, there are two major methods of preparation that show you how to become a certified professional in cybersecurity:
- Instructor-led learning:
- Brick and mortar colleges: These institutions guide you through the entire material, meticulously. You are going to have labs at your disposal, as well as will have to turn in homework from time to time, which is going to allow you to keep the information afresh. You can also consider the option of choosing an institution, which specializes in the training for this particular course.
- Guided online trainings: This sort of training is considered to be the most useful when you are on the run at all times. You can attend these training sessions at any time while you are anywhere in the world; however, it is not going to be as interactive as a brick and mortar classroom because there you allowed to take active participation in the study process.
- Books: You can resort to any printed or digital materials in order to learn whatever suits the syllabus of the Security+ course that you are going to take. This allows you to function at your own pace and in accordance with how much you can grasp through one session of your study. Apart from this, you can go through the pieces of information over and over again whenever you want to refresh whatever you have already earned.
- Websites: You can resort to websites like PrepAway.com to provide you with the material to study for. Also, there are web links, which are going to grant you access to various videos that are going to help you understand the concepts better if you have trouble with any.
What is the most important thing about preparing for this certification exam is that you must opt for the method that suits you best because that is how you are going to reap the most benefits out of your study sessions.
Now, allow us to slip in a list of books that you can make use of while you prepare for the Security+ course on your own. However, you must know that alongside the books you should fill your study regime with as much practice as you can so that you are aware of the format of the actual certification. The practice tests should along the lines of the exam so that you are well aware of its difficulty level prepare for it accordingly.
- CompTIA Security+: The material that is available in this book can be easily understood and is also entirely relevant for the exam that you are going to take. The content has been explained in a very intriguing manner so as to make the material that you study easy to go through.
- Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals: This book matches all that is required of a candidate to study when they are going to appear for the Security+ exam. Also, the material is very engaging, to say the least, and also helps you pictorially with the practice sessions you are going to undertake.
- CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide: The book is a detailed version of all that you are in need to know. The information has been explained in a manner that even a non-specialist can understand what it is all about. It might also help you with the concepts that you are having problems with.
However, if you are looking for brick and mortar colleges or websites that you can make use of for your exam preparation, then you should understand that they can vary in the levels of quality. So, you have to make sure that you carry out a thorough research concerning the website or the school you depend on so that you face no problem in your preparation whatsoever.